Advanced Catheter Technologies
At Arrotek, we can minimise the time it takes to get your catheter device market-ready. We have extensive design and engineering experience in Advanced Catheter Technologies, particularly in relation to devices with ultra-thin walls. We also have in-house prototyping and manufacturing capabilities.
In other words, when you choose us at Arrotek, you’ll be partnering with a fully equipped team that is ready to hit the ground running with your catheter development project.
Get in Touch
Ultra-Thin Walled Catheter Solutions
At Arrotek, we have expertise developing ultra-thin walled catheter devices with wall thicknesses as low as 0.1mm (0.004").
Our in-house capabilities include design, prototyping, and manufacturing, enabling the development of new catheter solutions that improve diagnostic capabilities, treatments,
and patient outcomes.
Our design team specialises in minimally invasive medical devices, particularly Advanced Catheter Technologies with ultra-thin walls. We use a six-step design process to bring your
catheter device from concept stage to prototype stage, pilot production, and beyond:
Step 1 – Specification and the development of a design brief
Step 2 – Concept creation
Step 3 – 3D CAD model development
Step 4 – Stage 1 prototype production
Step 5 – Device refinement and enhancement
Step 6 – Stage 2 prototype production for testing and evaluation
We also have extensive regulatory expertise and will ensure compliance is a central part of the design process from beginning to end.
The production of a prototype for your new catheter device will take place in-house in our modern manufacturing and engineering facility. We have a range of prototype production
capabilities suitable for the development of Stage 1 prototypes for design review and concept enhancement, and Stage 2 prototypes for functional evaluation and testing.
We are fully equipped at Arrotek to manufacture Advanced Catheter Technologies with specialist machines in our well-equipped manufacturing facility in Ireland. This includes
coiling and braiding machines for thin-walled polymer tube reinforcement.
We also have three cleanrooms, ensuring we can meet your component manufacturing, assembly, and supply chain management requirements.
- Suitable for a range of applications, both therapeutic and diagnostic
- Particularly suitable where your catheter device needs maximum kink resistance
- Wall thicknesses as low as 0.1mm (0.004")
- Shaft lengths suitable for accessing hard to reach parts of the body
- Material options to suit your catheter device
- Coils can have round or flat profiles
- Coil reinforcement can have variable coil pitches
Other Technical Capabilities
- Metal Shafts and Hypotubes – designing and developing innovative metal shaft and hypotube solutions, including for PTCA catheters, intravascular imaging devices, and
other specialist catheter devices.
- Wire and Coil – wire-based delivery systems and guidewires for both neurovascular and cardiovascular devices.
- Extrusions – we can develop a custom extrusion solution for your catheter device. We have extensive knowledge of materials to achieve precise tolerance requirements with minimal wall thickness.
- Balloon catheters – the development of balloons with precise tolerances that achieve optimal levels of performance. We have experience working with a range of materials, including non-compliant, semi-compliant, and compliant materials. We also have experience in both PTCA and PTA applications.
- Moulding – capabilities and experience to deliver on the moulding and insert moulding requirements of your catheter device. This includes catheter tips, bifurcated and mono luers, rapid exchange joints, multi-lumen joiners, multi-exchange joints, Y-connectors, and strain reliefs. We can also help design, develop, and manufacture deployment handles and assemblies.
Speak to a Minimally Invasive Medical Device Design Specialist
To speak to a member of our engineering team about your requirements, and to find out more about how we can help bring your idea for a minimally invasive medical device to the commercialisation stage, please contact us. You can call +353 (0)71 91 15111 or email email@example.com.
Our Medical Device Design Work
Join over 2,000 other MedTech industry professionals in our Knowledge Hub to access blogs, guides, and industry information on medical device design and development.